We represent and speak on behalf of members within Santander and its subsidiaries to improve your working life. Advance are our members’ voice at work, our priority is working for you. We do this by undertaking the following:
· Advance has a dedicated helpline team for our members, who are available Monday – Friday (8.30am – 5pm), simply call 01442 891122. You can also call this number to join.
· Our trained helpline team can give you advice on work related issues, or information you may need relating to your employment.
· Advance has ensured that you can use the telephones in your place of work to contact us and you are entitled to speak to us in work time (subject to service/business needs) in a private location, on an unrecorded call.
· All calls to our helpline are strictly confidential.
· We are the only union where our members can talk directly to the General Secretary, Linda Rolph. Linda is available on Thursday evenings (8pm – 10pm).
· We publish a regular magazine throughout the year, which gives valuable information on plans and priorities of the business and how this affects you. We also set out how to deal with issues you may encounter in your workplace.
· From time to time many people need help at work (for example, they are required to attend Disciplinary or Performance hearings). We provide full representation to members who meet the qualifying criteria.
· All of our consultants are fully accredited representatives, with many years of experience and will ensure you receive a fair outcome.
· Advance runs a monthly members draw, for just £1 per entry, members can win up to £1,000 and other prizes. You can take up to £10 in entries.
· As a member of Advance you are a part of a trade union that is affiliated to the Trades Union Congress, which has over four million members. We actively play a part in this.
· Our website includes links to useful information. Most of this information is exclusive to members only, including details of benefits that you can use to offset your monthly subscription, such as our travel club, offering savings on most holiday deals that beat internet and high street prices.